More people might be open to changing their diet and lifestyle if they knew how little modern medicine has to offer for combating chronic diseases.
- T V Pereira, R I Horwitz, J P Ioannidis. Empirical evaluation of very large treatment effects of medical interventions. JAMA. 2012 Oct 24;308(16):1676-84.
- B Starfield. Is US health really the best in the world? JAMA. 2000 Jul 26;284(4):483-5.
- Y Ishida. Deficiencies in US medical care. JAMA. 2000 Nov 1;284(17):2185; author reply 2186-7.
- K Gilbert, C Stafford, K Crosby, E Flemming, R Gaynes. Does hand hygiene compliance among health care workers change when patients are in contact precaution rooms in ICUs? Am J Infect Control. 2010 Sep;38(7):515-7.
- R Nasr, SL Traboulsi, R Rami, A Ghaida, J Bakhach. Iatrogenic Penile Glans Amputation: Major Novel Reconstructive Procedure. Case Reports in Urology Volume 2013 (2013).
- L L Leape, D M Berwick. Five years after To Err Is Human: what have we learned? JAMA. 2005 May 18;293(19):2384-90.
- R M Klevens, J R Edwards, C L Jr Richards, T C Horan, R P Gaynes, D A Pollock, D M Cardo. Estimating health care-associated infections and deaths in U.S. hospitals, 2002. Public Health Rep. 2007 Mar-Apr;122(2):160-6.
- B Hudson, A Zarifeh, L Young, J E Wells. Patients’ expectations of screening and preventive treatments. Ann Fam Med. 2012 Nov-Dec;10(6):495-502.
- P N Trewby, A V Reddy, C S Trewby, V J Ashton, G Brennan, J Inglis. Are preventive drugs preventive enough? A study of patients’ expectatio n of benefit from preventive drugs. Clin Med. 2002 Nov-Dec;2(6):527-33.
- S N Weingart, R M Wilson, R W Biggerd, B Harrison. Epidemiology of medical error. BMJ. 2000 Mar 18;320(7237):774-7.